Saturday, January 16, 2010

B.O.U.Q.U.I. - REDEFINITION


Artist- B.O.U.Q.U.I
Album- Redefinition
Genre- Urban / Rap/ R n B
IPod pick- Take You Away



Big girl B.O.U.Q.U.I is back, this time with something big and better. One of the reasons why I admire B.O.U.Q.U.I so much is because of her display of a sound theology in her music with the groovy beats and the rhymes still not lacking. On her new album she gives us an expose rap on Romans 7 on ‘Oluwa feat. Cobhams’. You would be moved by this young lady’s honesty about the struggles of life on this track.
The album opens with an intro which is titled ‘Core mission’ calling out soldiers for Christ. This is followed by the grooviest song about heaven I have ever heard ‘take you away’ where B.O.U.Q.U.I encourages a friend singing ‘and to everybody going astray, put your hands in mine and let me take you away’. The song is followed by the popular first single from the album ‘Mo’rile’. ‘Luv u 4eva’ is a song that would have you dancing as soon as it starts featuring Mike Aremu on the Sax. It’s a song that talks about marriage in the light of God’s word and it also suggests that this lady rapper would be visiting the church altar soon. B.O.U.Q.U.I gives us the shock on the skit called ‘condescending skit’ where she is skipping through the radio in a car and exclaims ‘who on earth is making sense’ and later tells us she is not condescending to the general nonsense. The skit is a must listen as B.O.U.Q.U.I comes out boldly to tell us that she’s not out there to sing the normal trash that we have plenty of already.
‘Redefinition’ is not just your normal 16 tracked Cd of ‘general nonsense’. LOL. B.O.U.Q.U.I proves that by giving us more than good beats to groove to but also words of wisdom that would linger on long after the music stops. Go B.O.U.Q.U.I. You rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...