Wednesday, April 20, 2011

CHRIS AUGUST - NO FAR AWAY

Artist – Chris August


Album – No Far Away

Label – Word Records

Street Date – August 24, 2010

Album Length – 11 Tracks: 37 Minutes, 3 Seconds

Genre – Pop/RnB/Rock

IPod Pick – Starry Night

One thing is for sure, Chris August has got soul and also a voice to go along. The former band member for Ashlee Simpson doesn’t just have these two things but also a story to tell and he does that so well on ‘No Far Away’ with catchy pop beats and RnB vocals reminiscent of artists like Boyz II men and Stevie Wonder. What a combo you would say, a wonderful combo I would say it is.

The album starts off with the sunny love song titled ‘You and I’. With my first listen I was drawn in with its catchy intro. ‘Put a smile on, today’s gonna save us. . .’ Chris sings on the first line of the verse. For music lovers, this might just give a nostalgia feeling of that Lifehouse song titled ‘First Time’ but though not as rocky as it. The album takes a more pensive feel on the deeply penned ‘Battle’. ‘Starry Night’ comes in next. ‘I’m giving my life to the only one who makes the moon reflects the sun every starry night. That was his design . . .’ he sings on this one. ‘7×70’ is an honest telling of a failed relationship of a teen with a parent and the path of offering total forgiveness. ‘Want to be real’ is an honest cry for a true and real relationship with God. I love this one. It’s my most played song on this album. The title track ‘No Far Away’ is a song which reflects Psalm 139 and Chris’s falsetto shines through. ‘I’m Gonna Sing’ is a worship tune with a bit of an RnB feel. I love ‘It’s always been You’, a feel good song about God chasing us. I remember my first listen to this one, I just couldn’t remember when I started beaming. The album closes up with ‘Canyons’ a love declaration to God.

One thing I love most about this album is the realness displayed on it. Chris voice makes it a strong one too. But the realness is just amazing. I’m beginning to think this might not be for everybody, though from me to you its highly recommended. For something beyond dreary mornings and long car rides, for something that would help us hear our heart even clearer in world sometimes termed 'lousy' and live on a new level of deepness, I highly recommend Chris August’s ‘No Far Away’

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...