Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Beckah Shae - Destiny


Artist – Beckah Shae


Album – Destiny

Recording Label - Shae Shoc Records

Street Date - August 16, 2011

Album Length – 12 tracks: 43 minutes, 27 seconds

Genre – Hip-Hop/ RnB/ Pop

iPod Pick – Music



There’s this fire and pumped up zeal that comes with anything indie artist Beckah Shae does. From her Youtube pop medley series to her inspiring tweets and to her former albums. And she sure doesn’t fail to deliver that on her new project. Two things never cease to amaze me when I hear the music of Shae. 1. The lyrical depth and rooting in God’s word and 2. Her easy, original and not forced mainstream sound.

It’s no news anymore that it’s hard to compare Beckah’s music to anyone’s style in the Christian market. Talk Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Leona Lewis and a bit of J Lo‘s new sound (yes, the sassy Mrs. Anthony and I’m talking about her ‘I’m into you’ style) now you are getting there and you aren’t even there yet.

Beckah’s last record ‘Life’ was so good (with tunes to be remembered down history’s lane like ‘Imagine’, ‘Forgiveness’, and ‘I’m Beautiful’) and I’m glad to tell you ‘destiny’ is in fact better. Kicking off with the ‘sing it your way’ styled ‘Are You Ready’ where Mrs Shae displays her amazing vocal range, and on to the mind+party bumping ‘Music’ which I personally think should go on mainstream radio. It’s a sound and useful advice to all music makers (no matter what genre) out there. ‘Music . . . . It has the power to take you somewhere’ Beckah croons. This is followed up by another party ready track titled ‘Supernova’ then the dancehall/ hip hop/ pop ‘Holy’ comes up next.

Other highlights on the album are . . . . It’s really hard selecting the highlights for this amazing album of terribly fantastic sounds and fresh message from the throne of grace. But when you pick up ‘Destiny’ take time to listen to tracks like ‘Hope’, ‘#PutYourLoveGlassesOn’ (In fact you can’t even miss this!), ‘Just to Know’ (This is a personal favorite) and the ragga flavored ‘Show Me’. These are sounds hidden somewhere in the middle you really don’t want to be caught skipping.

And yes, less I forget, ‘Just to Know’ is actually my personal iPod Pick (Though I have the whole album loaded) but this particular song speaks to me in deeper way, in common words: I think it was written for me. LOL! . . . And I think we can all relate to it too.

I can’t tell you all you are and would miss in just a review if you are not going to pick up Beckah Shae’s Destiny in the music store. It’s really fantastic and yeah . . . . It was worth waiting for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...